For the cost-effective production of high-quality aluminium products such as foils, strips or sheets, the optimum integration of the various production processes in rolling plants is crucial. This requires fully automated intralogistics solutions to ensure resource-saving and efficient workflows. From automatic crane systems for the raw aluminium ingots and the logistical linkage of hot and cold rolling mills, through to intelligently designed transport and storage systems for aluminium coils weighing up to 35 tons and at temperatures of several hundred degrees, which are particularly susceptible to damage from the outside.
That we meet these requirements perfectly has already been successfully proved by Vollert in an impressive number of international projects:
- Complete warehousing systems with stacker cranes, automatic crane systems up to 50 t load capacity
- Charging machinery and manipulators for furnace and rolling mill feeding
- Materials handling technology for conveying, rotating, lifting and turning aluminium coils
- Complete system solutions with rack system, AGV, control unit, warehouse management/host system and linkage to ERP systems
Whether in the form of window frames, vehicle trim strips or football goal posts - we frequently come across aluminium profiles in everyday life. What they have in common is the production method: they are pressed as up to 50-metre long extruded profiles from aluminium billets, cut to transportable lengths of between six and eight metres and automatically stacked in transport skips. Depending on the desired end product, the profiles can be hardened in ageing ovens, refined by anodizing or powder-coating.
In order to avoid bottlenecks, the intralogistics systems from Vollert ensure smooth-running processes and perfect interlinking of the individual production stages:
- Material flow automation from the infeed of billets to the dispatch of profiles
- Handling and automatic crane systems for automatic materials movements
- Ergonomic solutions in the packaging area
- Automatic control and transport management systems, production management/host systems linked to the ERP system
In aluminium primary production, the requirements for storage and transport systems are particularly high. Additionally, the aspect of environmental protection and resource saving must be taken into account. We have precise knowledge of the environment and ensure durable and future-proof processes and transport systems.